Phantom power. For Pedals. And Pickups.
P3 provides 9-volt power over the guitar audio cable.
No more batteries, wall-warts, or cable clutter.
Simple. Smart. Powerful. Flexible.
P3® is a patented technology licensed for use in products by various manufacturers.
Manufacturers and gurus include AnalogMan, Barber Electronics, Fuchs Audio Technology, Jamie Stillman / Earthquaker, Joel Weaver / HBE, Milbert Amplifiers, VFE, and others.
Transform 9 volts to 12, 18 and more
New in 2013 is the DC JuiceBox, a patented and patents-pending, high-quality DC Power Converter that quietly transforms any 9-volt DC power source (including GAGA, P3, bricks, warts, etc.) into 12-volts DC, 18-volts DC, and a variable DC voltage.
- Perfect for pedals requiring voltages other than 9-volts.
- Fully P3-Ready™ and offers 1/4-inch audio thru, P3 pick-off, and P3 pass-thru.
- Variable voltage supply allows "brown down" and "juice up" for tonal effects.
- Power may be supplied via a standard barrel plug or P3 (1/4-inch TRS audio cable).
- Translates between P3 and Standard Barrel Jack power.
- Outputs are concurrent, isolated, linearly regulated, filtered and high-current capable.
DC JuiceBox provides real power for serious players.
Power-Chain extensible, replaceable DC power wires with detachable barrel connectors allow easy, exact customization of power wiring to any pedalboard, and they work well with the DC JuiceBox. Though they somewhat defeat one purpose of P3 Technology (i.e., running phantom power over a stereo or "TRS" guitar signal cable), there are millions of pedals out there which require DC barrel wiring. Power-Chain solves the problem of uninsulated metal ends that always seem to short-out, and Power-Chain allows easy alteration and customization, or replacement of damaged wires. It's better power wiring for smarter setups.
The DC Voltage Company offers P3 Technology®
built into six "Signature Series" pedals, including Overdrive by David Barber, Analog Delay by Andy Fuchs, Distortion by Joel Weaver, Fuzz by Jamie Stillman, Stereo Chorus by Noira Grey, and the venerated Spring Chicken LE Reverb by Josh Holley.
Introduced in 2009, GAGA was the first tube guitar amplifier to offer P3 in standard production.
P3 Phantom Power for Pedals, Active Pickups
GAGA is the first amplifier to include patented P3 Technology® as a standard feature.
Via any standard stereo (TRS) cable, when switched on P3 provides phantom power for effects pedals and/or active pickups: 9 Volts (supplied by GAGA) flows out to the pedals/pickups while the music signal flows back to GAGA over the same cable. Musicians aurally confirm its laboratory measurements: P3 has no negative effect on tone and in fact improves tone because supply voltage is regulated and no longer droops or fails as do batteries.
On the pedalboard, P3 redefines flexibility. P3 power may be distributed by a break-out box (via standard DC barrel connectors). Also, because any P3 pedal is also a break-out for P3 power, one P3 pedal in the chain (closest to GAGA) may send power out from its DC input jack. Moreover, this power is then daisy-chainable (or Power-Chainable) to all stock pedals. P3 is the end to dead batteries, power cables, ground loop hum, and power problems.
P3's many advantages:
- no more batteries
- no more ground loops
- no more power cables - number of cables cut by up to half — dramatically cleaner, simpler pedalboard
- no more AC power required
- no more wall warts
- no more droop or vanishing headroom
- no more D.O.A.
- no hassle setup and teardown
- no more land-filling spent batteries
- no more scrounging or running out for batteries before or during a gig
- high current — 1,500mA continuous, 4,000mA burst
- ultrasonically recharged, linearly-regulated, pristine power
GAGA's licensed and improved implementation of P3 Technology® includes overcurrent, overheat and custom short-circuit protection, pushbutton power on/off, and 1.5 amperes (13.5 Watts) continuous (4 amperes (36 Watts) burst) current of ultrasonically maintained, linearly-regulated, pristine power for all 9-volt pedals and active pickups. The DC-Juicebox ™ power converter is available for other voltages.